Current Version History
Version 1.5 – 30th November 2010, Version 1.7, 5th December 2010.
Please note: upgrading this theme to 1.7 will result in the theme options being reset.
Changes 1.5 to 1.7
- The icons not displayed on some websites, links case sensitive.
- The default widget headers were styled different.
- language file re-created and renamed
- image max-width made smaller to suit theme
- WordPress added seach box width changed
- Options Page fully rebuilt (Security)
- Options Input Validation Added
- Image Height Set to Auto
- Function prefixed
- Footer Menu file removed
In response to a topic in the WordPress support forum, we have created a new theme Atmosphere 2010, this theme is a simple but pleasant two column narrow theme.
Based on the atmosphere theme published back in 2007, we could not find the original authors contact details, we created a new theme based on the look and feel of the original.
- Twenty Ten based: A composite theme created from twenty ten
- Theme Options Page: Allows admin to turn off many of the widgets and other features
- Social Media Icons: Allows the linking to six social media website
- Two Column: main and sidebar
- Header: allows custom image upload and the titles are switchable
- Wide Template with no sidebars
- Two WordPress Custom Menus top and main, these can be turned off
- One Sidebar with three widget areas, the top and bottom pre-populate with widgets
- Footer: Four Widget Areas and a text credit line from the theme options page
- Gallery and Asides categories are created when the theme is activated
- Function to clean the post and page html to limit code errors.
You can download this theme from the following location: Atmosphere 2010 Theme (3046)
From the Admin > Appearance > Theme Options, you can set a number of options, these are all set to show when you first activate the theme.
Here you can hide different elements of the theme, hiding the titles still leave them visible for the search engines
There are three sidebars two of which are already populated, adding widgets to these in the widget area will remove the defaults.
- Primary Widget Area, hide, pages menu, categories, archives, calendar and the links widgets.
- Secondary Widget Area, empty but allows you to add widgets between the two other areas.
- Tertiary Widget Area, here you can hide the meta and or search widget.
Here you can enter a footer credit line, like your address, copyright information etc:
Social Media Icons
Setting the social media links and icons, will give a right icon bar and or a footer icon bar, website links should be the full path starting with the http://, for the email icon start with mailto:, choose a name for these links that will be use as an alt tag, like “follow us”, icons supplied by Aquaticus-Social
You can upload a different header image from the Admin > Appearance > Header, use an optimised image of the correct size, there is a product called xHeader that is free if you do not have image editing software.
You can upload a background image from the Admin > Appearance > Background, use an optimised image of the correct size, in our example we have changed the color to black #000.
This theme will show a featured image in the home, category and search lists, these can be set on the post edit page, in the right hand column there is a box ‘Featured Image’, here you can set or upload an image to show in the lists, the first post in this list is the sticky post format.
The default editor has been styled to use the same font and sizes as the live website, this gives more of a WYSIWYG look to the editor.
Gallery and Asides Categories
This theme makes use of the twenty ten gallery and Asides post list layouts, you can see a gallery post in the sample website, when the theme is activated these two categories are created for you, just assingn any post to either category to see the different format.
Feel free to leave any feedback!